8 Days, 1 Story - Day 1 (Family Edition)
Sunday - Day 1 - Jesus is Praised
Jesus is Praised Matthew 21:1 - 11
Let us take time to remember why we should praise God and how we can do it everyday.
- Read Matthew 21:1 - 11 NIrV or NLT from your bible or bible app. For younger kids find the story in your story bible where they talk about Jesus Rides a Donkey or Jesus Rides into Jerusalem.
- Watch a video here (You may want to watch these before to make sure your child will be ok with them.) : https://youtu.be/z-39h0xYqdE
- Discuss: Use these questions or some of your own.
- Do you remember a time we watched a parade or a team running out onto a field?
- What happens when people are excited to see the people in the parade or see the team? (cheer, get excited, wave)
- How do you think the people felt when they saw Jesus?
- What are some ways they praised Jesus?
- How can we praise Jesus?
- Why should we praise Jesus?
- Pray: Pray together. Encourage your kids to pray or you can pray something like this with them:
Lord, thank you for helping us to remember that Jesus is King! Thank you for all the wonderful things that you have done for us and please help us to remember to worship and praise you every day. We love you. We pray this in Jesus name, Amen.
- Extra Activities:
- Make a Story Stone or Cards - This week you will make one for each day, so that you can remember the order for the Easter Story and help retell it.
For today, your picture would be a palm leaf. See the picture for what this weeks stones could look like. Each day you can use the stone / card to review the day before.
- Praise Jesus by singing. Here are a few songs that your kids may know.
- Preschool & Early Elementary - Hosanna Rocks -
- Happy Day Elementary - Happy Day - https://youtu.be/pi3IaKTODc0