8 Days, 1 Story - Day 3 (Family Edition)
Tuesday - Day 3- Jesus prays
Matthew 26:36 - 46
When times were hard, even Jesus prayed and asked God for help.
- Ask Do you remember what we talked about so far this week? Today we are going to continue the true story of the life of Jesus.
- Read Matthew 26:36 - 46 NIrV or NLT from your bible or bible app. For younger kids, find the story in your story bible where they talk about Jesus Praying in the Garden.
- Watch a video here (You may want to watch these before to make sure your child will be ok with them.): https://youtu.be/80IidgJCAuU,
- Watch an additional video for older kids: https://youtu.be/x_D9un-Moe8
- Discuss: Use these questions or some of your own.
- What is praying? (talking to God)
- How do you think Jesus was feeling before he started praying? (sad, scared)
- Why do you think Jesus decided to pray at this time?
- When do you think it’s important to pray?
Questions for older kids:
- Why was Jesus so sad? (He knew he was going to die the next day.)
- What did it mean when Jesus said “your will be done”?
- Who is the betrayer Jesus talks about in v. 46?
- What are some hard things that you are going through right now?
- Pray: Pray together. Encourage your kids to pray or you can pray something like this with them:
Dear Lord, thank you for giving us a way to talk to you when we are going through hard things. We know that you hear us when we pray. Thank you for sending Jesus to show us how important it is to pray. Help us to remember to ask and really want your will to be done. In Jesus name, Amen.
- Extra Activities:
- Make a Story Stone or Cards - For today, your picture would be praying hands.
- Go on a walk and pray. Thank God for all that he has done and created.
More in Hopevale Blog
May 21, 2019The Church has Left the Building
May 20, 2019Sermon Questions - What's wrong with me, and how do I get right? - 05.19.19
May 16, 2019Introducing Adam Harbaugh (yeah, that guy with the beard)