8 Days, 1 Story - Day 4 (Family Edition)
Wednesday - Day 4- Jesus is arrested
Matthew 26: 47 - 56
Sometimes God has a bigger plan.
- Ask Do you remember what we talked about yesterday? Today we are going to continue the true story of the life of Jesus.
- Read Matthew 26: 26: 47 - 56 NIrV or NLT from your bible or bible app. For younger kids find the story in your story bible where they talk about Jesus being arrested.
- Watch a video here (Please watch this before to make sure your child will be ok with them.): https://youtu.be/3Oqp3anl4jU
- Discuss: Use these questions or some of your own.
- What is happening to Jesus?
- Did Jesus’ friends try to protect him and keep him from being arrested?
- Did Jesus want his friends to fight for him?
- Why was Jesus ok with being arrested?
Questions for older kids:
- Who betrayed Jesus?
- Why doesn’t Jesus fight back and use his angels to destroy the soldiers?
- Have you ever been in a situation where you knew something hard was about to happen? How did that make you feel?
- How do you think the disciples must have felt?
- How hard do you think it was for Jesus to go through with being arrested?
- Do you know what was about to happen to Jesus?
- Pray: Pray together. Encourage your kids to pray or you can pray something like this with them:
Dear Lord, this was a really hard week for Jesus and his friends. Thank you that Jesus was willing to do whatever needed to save us. Please help us to remember how your perfect plan is always best. Thank you again for sending Jesus. Amen.
- Extra Activities:
- Make a Story Stone or Cards - For today, your picture would be an ear. Use your stones to recap the story so far.
- Build a lego scene of the garden and Jesus being arrested . Make sure to share your pictures on our Hopevale Kids Facebook Page.
Tomorrow is Maundy Thursday Service at Hopevale Church - Saginaw Campus, 6pm & 7:30pm. It is a great opportunity to reflect on what Jesus has done for us, and it is a quiet communion service that may be a little difficult for children to sit through. Children’s programming is at 6pm for children through 5th grade.
We would love for you to join us!
More in Hopevale Blog
May 21, 2019The Church has Left the Building
May 20, 2019Sermon Questions - What's wrong with me, and how do I get right? - 05.19.19
May 16, 2019Introducing Adam Harbaugh (yeah, that guy with the beard)