Sermon Questions - Can We Serve Jesus & Still Enjoy Our Life? - 05.05.19
1) Mike Wittmer's question, 'Can we serve Jesus and still enjoy our life?' is an interesting one in regards to servanthood. How has that been happening for you this week?
2) If "every wholesome pleasure we enjoy is from God", how do we know if something is "wholesome"?
4) We are called to embrace both earthly pleasure and heavenly purpose. When have you struggled with the tension that exists between these two?
5) What are some successful strategies that have helped you prevent yourself from enjoying something in the wrong way?
6) God's gift of "free will" creates tension in life for everyone. Read about Paul's struggle in Romans 7:14-25. Is this struggle alive in your life today? What is Paul's solution to this vexing problem?
7) Read Exodus 20:8-11 and Deuteronomy 5:12-15. How does the command for keeping the Sabbath hold true for us today? How will you schedule and plan for Sabbath time from now on?