If you believe in the mission and values of Hopevale Church and want to deepen your commitment to the ministry of this church, we would love to walk beside you as you become a member at Hopevale.
Why become a member of Hopevale Church?
God intends for followers of Jesus to commit themselves to a local church. It’s for us and others. We’re taught, encouraged, and supported by fellow believers as we grow in real, everyday ways in Christ. And God uses us to encourage and support others as they grow in Christ. That’s what membership at Hopevale is all about!
What are the steps to membership at Hopevale?
Hopevale Pastors and Elders work hard to anchor these steps in the teaching of Scripture and to make the steps clear and encouraging to growing believers in Christ. Here are the steps:
- Conversion - You have personally and consciously placed your trust in Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and new life.
- Believer’s baptism - You have been - or are willing to be - baptized after personally, consciously giving your life to Jesus.
- Direction of life in Christ - You desire to please God in your everyday life - at home, at work, in secret.
- Take Foundations - This is a six-week course on the essential truths of Christianity. Search for the next "Foundations Study Group" by clicking here.
- Recommendation by a Hopevale ministry leader - such as your GroupLife leader or a ministry team leader you serve with at Hopevale.
- Approval by our Board of Elders - Once you have completed the prior steps of membership, you will be recommended to our Elders for membership.
To start the process of becoming a member of Hopevale, please click here to fill out the membership application.
- I’m new. Should I pursue membership right away?
Welcome! We’re so glad God has led you to Hopevale. We recommend you attend the next Get to Know Hopevale
experience to learn more about our Mission, Values, and how you fit. From there, get involved and start pursuing membership.
- Am I automatically a member if I give regularly to Hopevale?
Thank you so much for giving! Since you’re here and believe in Hopevale’s mission and values, we encourage you to pursue the steps to membership. Giving does not automatically make you a member of Hopevale.
- Can I serve if I’m not a member?
Yes! We want you to serve others through the gifts and talents God has given you. Some roles, like Elder or Pastor, do require membership.
- What if I was baptized as a believer at a church other than Hopevale?
Praise God! If you were baptized as a believer in Christ, that fulfills the “believer’s baptism” step of the membership process.
- I have questions about baptism at Hopevale? What should I do?
We recommend you take the next baptism class at Hopevale to learn more about believer’s baptism and get your questions answered. No strings attached. Click here
for information on the next baptism class dates.
- What does Hopevale believe?
to check out Hopevale’s Essential Beliefs and Statement of Faith.
- Can I transfer my membership from another church to Hopevale?
This practice usually happens between churches in the same denomination. We ask that you complete the steps to membership at Hopevale. If it helps, we can send a letter to your previous church leaders to notify them that you are pursuing membership at Hopevale.
- What if I have other questions?
Don’t hesitate to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
, calling the office at 989.793.3122, or stopping by the Welcome Center on Sunday morning!