How’s your pace of life right now?
Here are some questions to ask yourself to find out (inspired by Tim Chester’s book, The Busy Christian’s Guide to Busyness):
1. Do you regularly work longer than you’re expected to?
2. Do you take work home or go back into work on weekends?
3. Has anyone said to you, “I know you’re busy so I didn’t want to bother you”?
4. Do you often feel tired during the day, with your neck or shoulders aching?
5. Do you find yourself hurrying when you drive, shop, or exercise?
6. Do you often feel tense with your spouse or children or others, even when you really have no reason to?
7. Do you enjoy weekly face-to-face time to talk with your spouse, children, and a few close friends? (Texting, tweeting, and Facebooking count as half.)
8. Do you eat at least one meal a day together as a family?
9. Do you feel stressed, weighed down, and disconnected from people?
10. Do you set aside regular time to talk with God and read His Word, or do your prayers often feel like times to dump your stress on the Lord?
How did you answer? What do your answers tell you about your life’s rhythm